Sunday 3rd-Friday 8th of March 2019
Vikasa retreat center, Ko Samui, Thailand (geolocation: click here)
Become enchanted with the views, scents and atmosphere of exotic Thailand at the beautiful paradise that is Ko Samui island. Be part of a retreat that will nourish your senses, relax your body and inspire your mind. Nurtured by nature all around – between earth, sea and sky – let your body connect to the five elements and naturally unveil its innate wisdom. You will be exploring various movement and meditation practices (hatha & yin yoga, somatic movement, feldenkrais, qi gong, tension release, etc.) through the lens of the 5 elements as defined in Traditional Chinese Medicine (Water, Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal), and find a new sense of space and vitality.
- stunning views over the ocean
- spectacular wooden shala for practice
- indulging resort facilities
- variety of mindful movement and meditation practices
- initiation to qi gong, tension release exercise (TRE) and feldenkrais
- nice balance between activities and free time
- large choice of massage and spa treatments
All Skill levels – Language of Instruction: English, Spoken Languages: English & French
After many years of office work, Caroline discovered yoga as a way to soothe her stress. Starting with dynamic forms, she later discovered the hidden power of slowing down and now offers a delightful combination of mindful practices (yin yoga, somatic yoga, breathing, meditation, mindful movements, hatha yoga, feldenkrais, qi gong). Caroline thrives at holding a safe, kind and generous space, helping you to feel your own aliveness and vibrancy, express your true self and find your own way to joy & happiness.
Vikasa is a unique retreat centre, where everything is conceived for your well-being. Nested on a green slope of Ko Samui coastline, rooms are simple, yet cosy and comfortable, and never too far from the yoga shala, the infinite pool, the blissful spa or the organic cafe. The enveloping lush vegetation, the usage of wood in the construction and the endless views on the ocean create both a sense of grounding and space, creating an overall ambiance of complete peace.
With stunning views over the ocean only a few steps away, enjoy the privacy of your own room in a traditional, ecological and comfortable hut nested in nature.
~ private room, 970 USD per person ~
With twin or king size beds, enjoy the higher room category, cosy and spacious. Awaken to a magnificent sea view and, basked in nature, relax on your own private terrace.
~ shared: 1,190 USD per person; private: 1,290 USD per person ~
By choosing a simple yet comfortable beach bungalow, you will have your own room, with a queen bed, nested in vegetation and right by the shore. On your terrace, enjoy the soothing sounds of birds and waves.
~ private, 1,020 USD per person ~
Ocean Room Superior
With twin beds, there are only two such rooms in the resort, with spectacular sea view right in-front of your bed and a beautifully spacious terrace.
~ shared, 1,420 USD per person ~
You will be served delicious brunch and dinner in buffet style. Health-conscious and wholesome, meals are prepared with creativity and love from fresh local produce and organic foods. Breakfast, for instance, shall include freshly squeezed juices, eggs variations, muesli with yogurt, vegetarian sandwiches, pancakes and other tasty delicacies.
Massage and Spa
Bliss Spa offers a wide array of treatments, massages and healing sessions, indoor or outdoor.
- Body and facial spa treatments ~ from 35 USD/person ~
- Healing sessions: craniosacral, reiki, intuitive healing, art or sound therapy ~ from 50 USD/person ~
- Extensive massage menu, including: Thai massage, Oil massage, Deep-tissue massage, Swedish message, Foot Shiatsu, Neck and Head massage ~ from 25 USD/person ~
A whole set of wonderful activities can be taken upon: Take a Hike (jungle hike and waterfall swim), Sunrise or Sunset Paddle Board, Tails and Trails (long tail boat trip with snorkeling)…and many more ~ from 50 USD/person ~
- Daily brunch & dinner, served buffet-style, from Sunday afternoon to Friday
- All meditation, yoga and movement sessions lead by Caroline
- Access to the stunning Big Yoga Shala during and after class
- Unlimited use of private beach, swimming pool, gym and other on-site facilities
What’s not included
- Any drinks or foods which are not part of the daily buffet-style brunch & dinner
- Massages & Spa treatments
- Optional activities such as paddle board or jungle hike
- Airport transfer (However it can be requested in advance, 20 USD per way)
How to get there
- Closest airport (20 min drive): Ko Samui Airport (USM) where Bangkok Airways and Thai Airways operate, as well as their codeshare partner airlines.
- Alternative airport (requiring additional ferry and bus transportation): Surat Thani Airport (URT).
Reservation & cancellation policy
A deposit of 50% of total amount is required shortly after booking. The rest should be paid up to 45 days before arrival. The deposit is fully refundable only if cancellation occurs up to 90 days before the arrival date or if a replacement person is provided.